Advanced Record Cleaning Solutions
How to clean records and get the best sound from your vinyl.
Restoring Vinyl Records to their former glory does not have to be difficult, costly or time consuming. Our cleaning fluid and cloth kits are the easiest effective method to quickly clean your 12" LPs and 7"s
Will it improve sound quality of the record and reduce background noise / distortion?
In most cases Yes of course, a good clean will free any microscopic debris which adversely effect sound quality, its important to remember to use the fluid liberally and continue to wipe untill completely dry. Our Fluid is designed to remove even the most stubborn dirt from records.
Can you repair a scratched record & how about preventing records From skipping / Jumping?
No you cant repair physical damage but its often the case that pops and crackles are caused by dirt & dust particles which can be completely removed with use of our advanced cleaning liquid. The fluid can dissolve even themost stubborn dried on muck.
Heres a few tips on the correct way to clean & care for your records with Clear Groove:
- Use As Directed On the Bottle - see usage instructions here
- Always Place Vinyl On a Flat Clean Surface for cleaning.
- Continue Buffing untill completely dry and ensure all dirt particles loosened by the fluid are taken of with the cloth and not still left on the record surface.
- For best results repeat the cleaning process to ensure youve not left any residue and leave to completely dry before playing again.
- Replace Old Dusty Sleeves with new ones and keep your vinyl stored correctly, preferably with protective sleeves which seal up the record from the atmosphere.
- Make Sure your stylus and other listening equipment are wired, weighted and setup correctly.
- Keep your cloths Clean and replace once soiled. cloth and accesory packs are for sale in the shop
Removing Static From Vinyl
Checkout are stylus cleaning fluid aswell as are air blower brush which is a great way to remove fluff tarrped on the needle without having to touch it! record & stylus brush kits also try our brilliant new STYLUS DIP & Medic set. Also view are product usage guides for more information here
Whilst most modern discs are vinyl (PVC) - some older era grammaphone records & special discs are not made from vinyl and can be more delicate. Some also have special coatings which can be removed by standard cleaning fluids. As such these should be cleaned with great care - we recommend pure water only. We are in the process of developing a chemical free fluid specifically for cleaning these sort of discs. All our cloths are safe to use on these however.
Clear Groove - Is the Safest most effective fluid for vinyl only. If you are after a gentle cleaner or mix your own checkout